Wednesday 20 March 2013

Snow day! The kids are off school, and my wife left for work before the closure announcement was made, so, tag!, I'm it to stay home with the kids. I need to get some real work done, but I can also find time for model work. Just before lunch, I put the second bottom skin on the MTB. I'll post a picture later.

Now that the hull skins are going on, it's time to start thinking about powering this thing. To that end, I need to place an order with Cornwall Model Boats, my favourite supplier for such things. I buy most of my modelling supplies locally, but with certain things it's faster and easier to go with CMB. Their service is great, and they're fast. Here's the order:

2 x 10" prop shafts, 4mm @ 8.50 quid apiece;
2 x u-joints @ 2.00;
2 x 35mm Rivabo brass 3-blade props, one RH, one LH, @ 10.00;
2 x Graupner 35mm rudders @ 4.00;

That's about 50 quid for the lot. As for motors, a friend has a couple 550s he said he'd sell me, but I won't be seeing him for a couple weeks. If the motors aren't to my satisfaction, I'll add the following to my CMB order:

2 x CEM 550 motors @ 8.24 or;
2 x Mabuchi 545 motors @ 7.25.

A couple 550s should make this thing scoot right along, I would think.

No comments:

Post a Comment